Ashford Hockey Club has been in existence since 1920 and is a constituent member of Ashford Sports Club, whose original clubhouse and facilities were located in Woodthorpe Road, Ashford.
In 1998 the Hockey and Cricket clubs moved to brand new facilities just off the main A30 Staines/Ashford/Hounslow road in Short Lane, Stanwell. The plush new complex was purchased with Ashford Sports Club funds supplemented by grants from the National Lottery Fund. It incorporates a full size, floodlit, all weather artificial hockey pitch, two full size cricket pitches, space for four full size grass hockey pitches and an enclosed, floodlit, outdoor hard surface area suitable for netball, basketball and 5 a-side football.
The Clubhouse contains a bar, kitchen, function room, six changing rooms, two officials rooms, storeroom, committee room, office and living quarters. There is also a separate ground mans building, complete with a full size electronic cricket scoreboard. Work is still continuing on the fifty car parking spaces, external patio and cricket net areas. The grounds themselves are bounded by Long Lane and Ashford cemetery to the west, agricultural land and eventually Heathrow airport to the East, the A30 to the south and a Stanwell housing estate and Ashford Town Football Club of the Ryman League to the north.
The club has Clubs first accreditation and now runs four Men’s league sides, and three Ladies. In addition, the boys and girls colts sections are rapidly expanding, have several teams entered in their respective age group leagues and coaching courses and it is these sections that the Hockey Club hopes to expand. All Hockey Club members are proud of the facility which is certainly fit for use in the new Millennium, so why not come and see/join us. New members of all standards, ages and sexes are most welcome.
Ashford (Middlesex) Hockey Club is happy to allow any member of the public, wishing to become a member of the club, to visit the club house and view the facilities. All we ask in turn is that the following rules are read, understood and adhered to at all times. All existing members of Ashford Hockey Club should also obey the rules as set down by the club commitee.
September 2012 saw the laying of a brand new state of the art Astro, sand dressed carpet and new shock pad base.
Club Mission Statement
Specifically Ashford Hockey Club aims to:
- Offer its members the opportunity, coaching and facilities to play both Ladies and Men’s hockey at the highest level.
- Provide a structured organisation to the coaching and selection of teams in the Ladies, Men’s and Colts sections to enable the development and progression of all players.
- Provide facilities and coaching to children and young adults in the local community to further their enjoyment of sport and to develop their hockey skills.
- Provide the opportunity to play social hockey, including mixed and veterans hockey at a variety of levels.
- Make the club facilities available to the local and regional communities for sport and recreation purposes.
- Provide an atmosphere and environment in which everyone can enjoy sport.