Ashford Hockey Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Peter Cottrell, Colts Manager.
As a member of Ashford (Middlesex) Hockey Club you are expected to abide by the following junior club rules, which should help you enjoy your hockey:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect opponents.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach/team manager. Ashford Hockey Club encourages all members to wear gum shields, shin pads and glove protection for training and matches.
- Members must pay subscriptions promptly.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.